Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK. So, you have established repeatedly that you are stuck on stupid. No problem. Nobody is coming along to Shanghai your kid and send them to the South China Sea.

And you don't agree with other parents' decisions?

Too bad for you and thank God for them that your opinion doesn't count.

Maybe your opinion is just like the verbal commitment of your own kid , it does not matter because you can change it whenever you want. You are a loser so go take your meds, keep teaching your kid that her commitments mean nothing she will end up just like you.

My kid verbally committed years ago and is currently serving her country in the United States Navy after completing 4 of the best (and toughest) years of her life at the Naval Academy.

Here is the difference between you and me (one of several I am guessing)...I know wth I am talking about, and you? Not so much.

Again ,USNA is a great school and not 1 person has said otherwise. Your kid was not 13 when she committed . Your kid obviously took her committment seriously . Truly do not have a jeolous bone in my body about this kid , I do take issue with a kid committing to the military at 13. If you think 13 year old kids committing to 9 years of service is a good idea I would be very surprised that you actually have a kid who went thru it . As for me having no idea what I am talking about its been 30 plus years and things have changed a lot but I guarantee you I know more about the Naval Academy than having a daughter who has gone there has taught you . I know of ,but do not know the family in question so it's really more a stance against the situation than the family .
How about it's non of your business, she's not your kid, no one cares about your opinion on this situation, this kid or the naval academy. If you wnt to the academy you should have learned to keep your unsolicited opinion to yourself. Navy takes so many recruits because so many either Don't make the grades for admission, can't get the letter or change there minds, this kid would not be the first nor the last to have any or all of these things happen, IF you went to navy you would know that. It's been 4 days of this can we move on now, we have all heard your opinion...

You really are an ignorant person . Again no one hopes this kid fails . People are commenting on the idea that a 13 year old has the capacity to commit 9 years of their life and actually understand what that requires .
Obviously you had a few too many prior to responding but your point that so many commit and than are unable to meet the criteria for admissions should be a red flag as to why 13 year olds who have never taken a high school class should not commit . Even your somewhat pickled /medicated brain should understand that .
There is no legitimate reason for any middle school student to committ 9 years of their life other than mommy and daddy egos . Take another pill have another drink this subject matter is closed for me .