Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could you make it any easier to prove that you are a moron , cut off in NYS is December 1. Because you are such a simpleton I will spell it out for you , any kid who is currently 14 and is in 8th grade on Long Island is a hold back. I would abuse you some more but its just sad, maybe you and the dope with the fictitious kid who was a USNA graduate can get together and come on here with a legitimate reason a kid should commit to 9 years of service other than they can back out.

How about: because her spot at USNA is now reserved for her. If she waited until her junior year to make up her mind, maybe all of the spots would already have been taken by then. The lax coach only has so many spots to offer, right?

If you're so smart, why couldn't you think of this obvious reason?

So now the reason to commit at 13 to 9 years of service is beat the mad rush.If the kid is as good as I believe she is they would want her when she is 16 so your point is just nonsense. The only reason is parents EGO.

The only ego at play here is the ego of the parent whose child isn't getting attention from coaches yet. It takes a massive ego to think that you, and only you, know what's best for someone else's child.

I know smoking cigarettes is not good for anyone's 13 year old , does that mean I am an egomaniac. Anyone that thinks having kids commit to service academies at 13 is a good idea is an idiot . Hopefully the NCAA steps in to protect these kids from their own parents.

If you don't know the difference between smoking cigarettes and verbally committing to one of the most selective schools in the country, then you are the idiot here.

How many times can someone tell you that the girl hasn't actually committed to attend any school, that's it's not legally binding, that she can change her mind later, etc.?

Why be so obtuse?

I cannot tell if you are joking or really this ignorant . So your reason that it's a good idea for a 13 year old to verbally commit to a service academy is " that the girl hasn't actually committed to anything ". In case you are too stupid to understand she has committed 9 years of her life to the navy . Yes we all understand that you feel her word and commitment have no meaning but that is a sad lesson to teach your kids . Honor , Courage , Committment sound familiar .

Dude..,why do you care so much for what some other family and girl did? It's none of your business. My (educated) guess is that your daughter was snubbed by her "dream" school or she wasn't as good as you thought she was and had to accept a scholarship to a school that you didn't like. Jeez man...leave the family alone. Get over YOUR disappointment and congratulate the family and kid. Grow up.