Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hoping someone can give me some honest answers. My oldest (so this is my first time through this) is a 2021. She is a defender on her club team and loves it. She's 5'8" and uses her size and speed well against the other top club teams over the summer. However, on her MS team last year they used her as a middie because she is one of a large handful that has skills and understands the game. Typical of other MS, we had club girls and new lax players on the field at the same time. She likes middie but her heart is on D. She has very good grades so she'll get into the college of her choice.

My question to those that have been there before is.....are the defenders recruited to college programs typically defenders on their club teams or are they converted middies moved back to D? Mind you, I'm realistic, she's not going to a top 10 lax program, or top 20 for that matter. She probably slots in mid D1 to upper D2 program because of her length and speed. D is all about hard work and effort, with very little glory, but that's what she likes about it. She's not the kind of kid that needs to score to realize she contributes. She loves the challenge of shutting down the other teams stud. Just wondering if that mindset will stunt her chances of playing in college because she's on D. Thanks for all opinions!

have her play both if possible. The more things she can do on the well on the field the more recruitable she is.

What club does she play for? what do they think?

Her club coach loves her on D, she doesn't sniff middie on the club team.