Originally Posted by Anonymous
So do any othe LI clubs have a shot to take down YJ this summer? Just doesn't seem like an impressive age group for this program. Maybe Liberty?

No. 2021 LI lacrosse is subpar. YJ can't beat MD teams and none of the other LI teams can compete with YJ. Down year on the island. So while this is not a great YJ team, they are still better than everyone else on LI.

Would not say this age group in particular is any worse but there are better girls on the B team and other programs for sure. This team hung on to many girls who should have been dropped sooner. Changes are coming and will fix many of the issues. I would. It count them out yet.

The YJ A team has the best individual player in the country as this age. A lefty attack that dominates. She does need help on that team though, too many smaller girls, especially on D. They can't compete physically against the bigger MD teams anymore.

Are best kids in this age group just staying away from this club or is this just a weak age as someone else posted? Even the younger YJ teams seem to struggle and are not very impressive.

YJ had not played or practiced together as a team since July and managed 3 one goal losses to the best MD has to offer. Shots saved by Hero's and SW goalies in final minute to preserve the win. New girls in the field or not, this team will show just fine next summer. I do think the full year and spring league model is really tough to beat. I do not think the trend will get better for LI.