Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does this mean that there will not be coaches at the Nike event next week?

Both UA and Nike are money grabs. I don't understand why parents keep taking the bait. Spend your time and cash at
Prospect days and specific colleges that your daughter may be interested in. My guess is that a large percentage of the girls attend Nike and UA because mommy and daddy told them to. Most
would rather be spending the remaining days of summer hanging with their friends.

Not accurate. The Nike 120 elite was insanely good and that's why UA copied it. But seems to have failed. Just like Brine tried to copy the UA All America tournament and failed. I have been to just about every major recruiting tournament and the coaches at the Nike sidelines blew them all away by 5X. Maybe someday the UA 150 will gain steam, maybe not. Also worried what the Nike 120 will look like this year, they just completely changed age groups and most importantly they changed the date. It used to be a dead of the winter deal, the only game in town. Now it is smack in the middle of the million summer recruit tournaments. Will it still gain the coaches attention or are they burnt out by this point in the summer? Guess we will see. UA has the All America tournament, which is the highest level of lacrosse for these kids period, it is very successful, they do a great job with it, maybe they should leave this combine thing to Nike.