I see the logic in the comments, but regardless of how early the timeline has shifted it's still too early for a 2021, in general.
The 2020 dominoes have yet to fall and until they do, that will be the focus. Sure the top programs have identified and reached out to the 2020's. Visits have happened, some offers have been made, but the rush will be on the 202'0's this fall into early summer when colleges narrow their focus and round their class. But before they move on to the 2021's, they'll focus on wave 2 of the 2020's first. [lacrosse] some of the top programs are still rounding out their 2019 class waiting on offers of acceptance.
You'll see a more active period in the spring and summer. The question is how escalated it will be? Do teams rush to get the cream of the crop 2021's before the deadline, or do they take a break and say stop the madness, let's settle down and see the effect of slowing the timeline down.
Most coaches will tell you they want the slowdown.
When you read some of the comments on here, it can leave a 2021 parent with the impression that they are behind, somehow missing out on opportunities others have, when the exact opposite is true.
But according to Mr. head in the sand, I don't know anything.
Notice I haven't said a word about my daughter, when I easily could. Don't need to, you can all form your own opinion of who knows what.