Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does someone "commit" to Yale in 8th grade? Can't imagine Yale coach is thrilled that was on twitter

Great kid, great family, congrats to them! 21's heating up.

Hilarious. How the [lacrosse] does Yale have any clue the girl can qualify for admission?

They probably use the same set of criteria that would rule you out of being able to go there. Jealously is an ugly thing, why don't you keep it to yourself.

I'm not jealous at all. I went to an Ivy League school. And I'm not hating on the child. Good for her. It just shocks me as outspoken as the Ivy's have been against early recruiting that Yale would do this. And while she may be an intelligent kid, there is no way that Yale has any idea whether she can score the 1350 or 1400 on the SAT that is needed for admission as an athlete. Even intelligent kids can struggle to achieve these scores. Yale doesn't take super scores, so getting a straight 1350 on one SAT is not easy. Good luck to her. I just think it's a sad state of affairs when Ivy League schools are offering 8th graders.

This could be said of ANY school making an offer, all the students grades and scores will have to play out ( IVY or not). Should all the IVY schools wait until the kids hit 1400 until they start to recruit? Recruiting for the top players will be done for this class by next fall. Long before kids have the scores for SATs . In the process now the coaches need to guess where these kids will be as lacrosse players as they enter college, they will also need to guess where these kids will be as students as they enter college. Your imposed recruiting ideals would kill any IVY program , stick to your day job.