Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D Rosters out. Doesn't look like any of the score of top players that were supposedly moving to M&D made the black team. No girls cut and only addition came from M&D Red.

There were a lot of girls there. Guess the Red team should be much improved.

Only if they accept the spots. Not talking about these girls in particular, but lots of parents who can't handle being on the B team and will stay where they are on lesser A team instead.

There's something to be said for that and it's just not about not being able to handle being being on a B team. I don't care what anyone says but the typical gap between the A and B team is significant. B teams are always second fiddle and usually play in much lesser brackets. I wouldn't fault anyone for leaving or not accepting a B roster spot

Again, it's thinking like that that dooms your daughters. Heros, M&D and Skywalkers B teams were all at Lax for the Cure, Nike G8, etc last year. Countless coaches there. C2, Diamonds, Integrity, etc no where to be found. If you think you are better off in the A division of some random tournament they you are in a "lower bracket" at the biggest recruiting tournaments of the summer I feel sorry for you. This is obviously your first time through this process. Obviously the B girls aren't going to MD or UNC. But guess what, neither are the girls playing A on the lesser clubs.

Guessing you feel passionate about your B team, good for you. Don't tell me that my daughter is doomed because I don't want to be on your crappy B team and fault others for looking elsewhere as well.. And yes, I saw M&D and SW B teams this summer and there is no comparison to their A teams, it was night and day.

My daughter isn't on a B team. And you are right. There is a big drop between the A and B teams at M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers. But there isn't much difference between their B teams and other clubs A teams which was the discussion. Obviously if your girl can play on one of those 3 A teams this discussion isn't in reference to you. But if you are choosing to play for Diamonds, Redshirts, C2, etc because you don't want you girl to have to play B on M&D, Hero's or Skywalkers you are not putting your daughter in the best position to be well coached and to develop as a player. All you have to do is compare who is coaching the teams and look at what tournaments the teams are playing in. The 3 "B" teams will win that comparison in every case.