Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tryouts are over in Baltimore/Central MD and it looks like TLC and Skywalkers picked up several good players from C2, Diamonds and MD United. There should be three very good teams here going forward.

Wait! Girls left Md United? Oh my God! Don't tell that to the mom who is on here taking her poison from Integrity to Md United. She thinks her 8th grade daughter is now assured of a full-ride scholarship to the University of Maryland because she moved. She's naive and doesn't believe that Md United has more than its share of problems (as most clubs do). She's delusional.

I'm confused. Have played Integrity many times and certainly no girls there that should be planning on playing at MD. Why all this chatter between average to below average teams like MD United and Integrity. AA country drama I guess.

First of all, I would not classify either team as "below average", and this is not necessarily just an AA County thing. They are definitely not M&D, but neither is Heros or YJ. And, let's be honest, there are not many girls on any team outside of M&D that can claim they have potential UMd players. Integrity, and Md United, puts out quality players that go to Navy, Hofstra, Loyola, Richmond, Penn State, Denver, Lehigh, etc. That's what I would call a very well-rounded and respectable list of colleges. This conversation is not about the talent level of the players, it's about the poisonous parent that is what I classify as a "Star Chaser" or club jumper. She thinks that by being a cancer on the sidelines of a respected club she can tear them down while moving her daughter to another club where the director has probably promised her she can get her a 100% scholly to the U of Md. The mom has turned her daughter into a basket-case by putting extra pressure on her to perform up to some standard that the kid isn't ready for, yet. Maybe one day, but not in 8th GRADE. This lady is one of those parents that thinks her kid is head and shoulders above everyone else, and I have to honest...she is not. At least not yet. Maybe one day, but not yet. I wish the kid well.

MD United was 4-3-1 in spring league and Integrity was 2-4-2. As I said, average to below average. Both teams play in B brackets or B tournaments all summer so going 15-5 against a bunch of bad teams doesn't tell you as much as the spring records against mostly decent teams in the 2021 A division