Originally Posted by Anonymous
The shame of it is essentially like the 2020 team any kid that can make YJ top team leaves and the kids that would be on 2-3 yj team stay and are not really competitive with the top clubs. Not sure how CR does it but somehow manages to keep the top kids in her club while attracting the best players from the other clubs.

We have the same issue here in MD. Although not as good or successful as YJ, Md United seems to be able to convince gullible parents that their kid would be better off at their program. Other clubs, with clearly better coaching, suffer because of the bill-of-goods that Bev Altig is able to sell. What I've learned to do over the many years I've been involved with lax is to look at where the clubs alumni go to school. With the obvious exceptions (Caroline Steele to UMd, Madison Carter to PSU) the schools that the alumni from Md United attend are exactly the same as any other club. Why the parents can't see that is beyond me. I've even seen situations where the parents will pull the kid from the programs she was happy at and move her to Md United, where (not shockingly) she would wind up going to the same school as she would've if she had just stayed where she was in the first place. Plus, I personally know several girls who played at Md United who said it was an absolute s#&t show and they hated it, but MOMMY and DADDY thought she was better off there. Absolutely, freakin' ridiculous. My guess is that YJ does the same thing...big promises to all (mostly donkey MOMMY and DADDY) but in reality only the top few get to go to somewhere they would've have if they stayed at their original team. Everybody else goes to the same kind of school no matter what club they play for. I hate gullible parents who can't see the bigger picture.

It seems the Florist is finally noticing that the Club is falling apart. This is the same bitterness the girls saw all year. About 14 of her 21's are now at three other clubs. I am sure they are not afraid of their new coaches!!! On top of the player who left mid season last year.

First of all, no club is falling apart, gullible Md United parent. You poisoned the sidelines with negative talk all season long because you think your daughter is going to get a full-ride scholarship to the University of Maryland because she moved to Md United. Ain't gonna happen. So, when you find out that it's not going to happen at Md United, you'll poison their sidelines (even more than it is already), destroy the team and move your daughter to another club. Your methods are nothing new to experienced lax people. We've all seen it a hundred times. You turned your kid into a basket case, putting undue pressure on her to be like some relative of hers that played at U Md. I feel sorry for your kid.