Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Book money
Most of the early 2018 commits were offered 1/2 ride( including my son) why would you commit early for no money.

When players say they got a half ride to a public school like UNC, MD, or UVA do they end up paying half of the in state tuition or half of the out of state tuition (assuming they are out of state)? Also is a half ride half of tuition room and board or half of just tuition?

Out of State.

NCAA Division I men's Lacrosse teams have an average roster size of 45 players but only a maximum of 12.6 scholarships to award per team. This means that the average award covers less than 30% of a typical athlete's annual college costs. Lacrosse is an equivalency sport for NCAA limits, so partial scholarships can be awarded (up to 30 per team in NCAA I) as long as the combined equivalent awards do not exceed the limit. For example, an NCAA Division I school can award 24 women lacrosse players each a 1/2 scholarship and still meet the limit of 12 per team.

There are many players who are not getting athletic money. The top players will get the lions share.