Originally Posted by Anonymous

Very sad that this guy's focus in life is lacrosse and allowing his son to be manipulated just to get into a top LACROSSE school. Poor kid when he realizes he is just like everyone else and his skills are average if that when playing with kids his own age. Surprised any kid would agree to repeating a grade just to look like a lacrosse stud - he and everyone else knows it is only because of his age.

I completely agree with this post.

It truly amazes me that any parent or parents would hold a kid back for a sport, any sport. Sure I get some kids not being mature enough to start kindergarten or a kid who is struggling with the work in a particular grade repeating a grade or starting later. But to repeat a grade for something other than an academic reason is so completely unthinkable, foreign and totally bizarre to me I just can't understand it. Seriously, for a sport?

Your kid should be playing UP against older kids - where they learn to take a beating and fight through it. They should be bored by playing on grade level unless they find some really exceptional competition. That will help them win at the game called LIFE.

If you hold back your kid for a sport, lacrosse or otherwise, you're a loser. You're raising your kids to be a losers. One that will break in the face of real competition. It really doesn't matter that you're "cheating" or not because they will be beaten by someone hardened in the fires of real competition. It is a given, it will happen because you've made them weak on the inside. Makes me sad for your kids. Truly. But hey, someone has to run the cash registers at Walmart, put the shopping carts back at the supermarket and scrape the gum off the sidewalks.

A Crabs 2019 player just "committed" to the Air Force Academy. I'd consider letting my son repeat 8th grade if it was something he wanted to do and it would help him get into one of the academies. Somehow i don't think he would turn out with weaker character from the experience.

The reality is "losers" are people who spend their time complaining about what others are doing rather than focusing on making themselves better.

How old is he 17?