Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey dbag...That "special select team" your taking about beat that North team by four in the first game before some nice add ons for the championship game which nobody over here is complaining about over here. The goalie made some incredible saves or your $3,000 club team loses twice too a banged up town team !!!! Look forward to your eloquent response.

Town team my a$$. This Set 2020 extra team was in addition to the $3500 or so all the kids pay for Terps and fl$. Stop acting like it was PAL

P.S. You gave us a good run in the final game, but if I heard correctly on the sidelines you had at least two kids who dont even live in Manhasset. So not really a pure "town team."

The Set 2020 team was the Manhasset PAL team plus two kids from Port Washington (neighboring town), because 4+ kids from our town team were unable to play due to injuries. The Set 2020 team went 3-1 and lost to a solid Express North Team 7-6 in the finals after beating them earlier in the day. No excuses (except for the fact that a few Express North kids wouldn't be able to play under US Lacrosse Age guidelines, in particular, their best middie)

No other 8th graders in Manhasset were available? Stop it. This was an invitation only team and you went outside to try to add more quality club team players so you could try to win the tournament and then brag that you did so despite only being a "town team." I doubt every 8th grader in the Manhasset PAL program got an email offering them the chance to play. At least own it.

Exactly!