Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To all the ignorant posters...Sons 2020 has one reclassified player who stay home because he was too old for the "U" based tournamemt. Find something else to complain about. I'm sure you have plenty of other things.

That depends on how you define "reclassed" the age cut off in PA is 9/1 for kindergarten, so technically anyone that was born before 9/1/01 would be a "holdback". My bet is, this team (along with any competitive team) has a boat load of kids that started kindergarten late. The cut off for [lacrosse]'s was 6/1/01.

Either way- congratulations. They know who they played and they know the heavy hitters weren't there. No need to remind them. They went to a tourney and played the competition that was there. They won and I'm sure the boys are happy with their win. They've been around long enough now to realize this doesn't translate into being able to beat other well known teams not there- so kudos to them for the win and leave it at that. As for the ages- they fit into a U13 with [lacrosse]'s age limits. Sadly many of the tournaments don't even go by the extended range that [lacrosse]'s has- so whether they have older kids or not- it's a moot point. They played the games with other kids that fit the age criteria. It made it much more fair than many of the tournaments we all will be heading to in a few months. I hope to see an NCAA ruling come down on early recruiting and then the age issue shouldn't even be worth talking about because the advantage is minimized so much and coaches will see the leveling out as all the boys grow. Talent will rise to the top- not age.