Originally Posted by Anonymous
Manhasset has no rivals!

Because everyone hates them.

why does everyone hate them?

Maybe in Lacrosse because they claim to be a Town only (with a few exceptions, oops) team and then lie about the "visitors" and the holdbacks and then claim to be the worlds greatest travel/town teams.

Why people hate Manhasset in general is a list that is way too long for this board!

I'm not from Long Island but have met a number of parents and adults from Manhasset, they all seem to be much more normal than the rest of the long island parents/kids that we encounter when you come down to MD in the summer. Are we missing something?

On a whole, very smart, wealthy people in that town. They are extremely adept at giving you a great impression. You'll never see their true thoughts or feelings on anything, way too polished to allow that to happen. Trust me, they'll have you figured out 9 ways to Tuesday inside of a 5 minute conversation. You on the other hand will walk away saying "what nice people". Have you ever heard the expression? "Pulling the wool over your eyes"... Garden City folks cut from the same cloth, Cold Spring similar, but to a lesser degree. I know that sounds cold, but to a great extent, I think it's on point.