Originally Posted by Anonymous
My personal opinion, there are NO worthwhile "showcase" individual events. The only good showcases are team ones. Because when anyone goes to an individual event the kids play very selfishly and it end up being a giant waste of time. Save your money people

The key words here are "personal opinion".

It is silly to say that if your son has an MVP or all star performance at a highly regarded showcase that it wouldn't be beneficial (e.g. Black Card, UA, Philly Freshman, Showtime).

Coaches know it is ME BALL at individual showcases; they also know that the level of competition is generally higher at the quality events.

Kids that have D1 level talent stand out. The problem is most lacrosse parents actually aren't good judges of talent; hence they think their kid is D1 material and should be treated as such. So when the all star or MVP write ups happen and their kid isn't included, well of course it was a waste of time and money!

The didn't pass enough, they didn't slide right, the other kids had no idea how to play 2 man properly, blah blah blah. Elite kids find a way to make an impression.

If it was easy, we'd have more then 5% of kids playing D1. And no, I'm not a club owner or run camps, etc. etc. Just an dad who has been around the game his whole life and has first hand experience.