Originally Posted by Anonymous
The fact that you think some of the 8th graders this weekend are 16 shows how desperate you are to blame a loss on unfair factors.

Unfortunately for the sport, some of them are. Casts an ugly shadow on lacrosse that some kids feel the need to cheat to make themselves look good

Except no rules are being broken, so no cheating has occurred. Keep crying.

No one is crying- they are just pointing out that some kids need to play with younger kids and some can play with proper age and some will play with older kids. It's very much like academics- the brightest and best take AP, the solid kids work hard and stay the course, most often end on a solid successful path, and the strugglers are left back so they too can meet with success on their new level. No difference really at all. True talent doesn't need to play down, it's the need to pretend, work the system and ego that drives a parent to alter their kids ACADEMIC path to meet success in lacrosse. In the end maybe the kid is successful and gets into a better school, but can they compete academically? Will they ride the bench when their younger counterparts catch up in strength , speed and height? Quite a gamble and it will only pay off for some. Just remember, the holdback may get to a DI but many of their peers did so without having to do so. Maybe it's not cheating according to the lack of rules, but it is sad and desperate to feel the need to do so, especially considering there is little pay off, in the end. I hope those holdbacks are strong enough not to get beat by their younger, possibly smaller counterparts- it'll make them look far worse than if they stayed with their peers and got beat. Lots of unneeded pressure placed on a kid for no pot of gold at the end. Sad state of affairs... Talent doesn't need to play down.

Desperate is right! Seen some older kids cry like little babies when they get smoked by by legit age kids. I want to say I feel bad for the kid a little but superglad to see the upset parent try to comfort their son who is now just know a cheating loser that they created! Keep cheating, we'll keep laughing! Not worried about this for my son, just shake my head in disgust that parent would stoop so low. This is why people from other countries hate Americans. This exact type of cheating behavior in all aspects of some people's lives. SAD!