Originally Posted by Anonymous

Of course the lacrosse was terrible, it was nothing by a giant money grab. Of course, there a guys out there that actually think because their kid played there they are the "top 400" in the country! lol
Crush with 3 standouts at NLF according to recruiting rundown. Proving how balanced they are. As the 3 players that were standouts were not the "big 3"

I don't know who you think their "big 3" are, but I have see Crush play and the attack player and middies that were mentioned are clearly 2 of their top players.

NO MIDDIES WERE MENTIONED FROM CRUSH--11 middies per team---playing time was tough to come by
Other than Oneil there weren't many standouts. Terrible lacrosse, 11 mids on many teams, made playing time a joke. Most kids don't now how to play in a system and it showed.

Of course the lacrosse was terrible, it was nothing by a giant money grab. Of course, there a guys out there that actually think because their kid played there they are the "top 400" in the country! lol

I love how every single lacrosse event is a MONEY GRAB.

I have zero affiliation with any of these, but the reality is these are showcases ... nobody is going to these expecting beautiful lacrosse. Showcase = selfish, more aggressive play. Plain and simple. You're out there to get noticed, not blend in and hope you don't get called out.

And yes, if your kid is getting written up at high caliber events -- guess what, he's pretty damn good RIGHT NOW. Be proud of your son's accomplishments, but know the work hasn't even truly begun. Talent is talent, and it's obvious to many when you see standout kids ...

I think the point is that the event first of all was billed as a showcase but run as a tournament. A showcase picks all star teams to compete in a "Championship" . Showcases have college coaches watching. There were noNE except the ones being paid to be there. But the biggest problem was, the teams were not selected properly. Some had way to many kids at certain positions, making it nearly impossible to "standout" when the kids barely saw the field! This probably happened due to greed. They took to many kids for 600 a pop, then just threw them on teams. Poorly run money grab!

you paid 600 to tryout to be invited to a showcase event which will cost another 600. If you went down there with your son with any more expectations than a weekend in the sun and some quality reps for your kid - you deserve to have your money grabbed [/quote]

Maybe I do. Just wish it was better organized!