Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is up with 3D Blue Chip? My son has gotten 4 invites to the camp in FL. We haven't responded to any of them, but I am now noticing that the only way to play in the Jake Reed Showcase is to co through this camp (for the 2020 year). Now you can obviously see it is a money grab. My son is not going, but I seriously wonder why people think it is a good idea to spend all of that money for a "camp" in Florida? Am I the only person out there that thinks that is just plain crazy?

Certainly smells bad doesn't it. That's a lot of cash to fork over for a camp. Including airfare, hotels, food, car rental etc....well over $1,500.00 at a minimum. For what?

Not to mention that your son will also have to miss school to attend. I seriously don't understand why ANYONE would even consider it. I will say that a bunch of my son's teammates went last year and I will bet some are going this year too. We have a rule at our house, and that rule is, we will NOT pay to get recruited. If my son doesn't get noticed then he will walk on to the school that he decides to attend!! If he makes it he makes it and if he doesn't then he plays club. I am not sure I undertand why so many people are so wrapped up with the idea that if their son doesn't get recruited in the next 15 months by an ACC or Ivy school that they are somehow a failure as a lacrosse player. I don't get it. My son loves to play and this is why he plays travel, not because he wants to be recruited. Again, are we the only people that feel this way?