Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
It's not backbone. Age cards, enforcement, etc. takes manpower, time, money, etc. Look at the NCAA. It is hard for them to investigate/enforce all the rules.

Unfortunately, college coaches want to look at Rising 9th graders, so there is no push to go back to age based youth lacrosse (and many obviously support grade based because it helps with recruiting).

Its called integrity. Coaches can email in a list of players to USALAX with photos. An ID card is issued with the photo. Could take 15 min per team and interns do it. Not hard at all. It actually can be done while getting your USALAX number.

Play in year you were born, play up, but not play down. Its that easy. Don't care if you are going to re-class or PG you play in the year you were born. Youth Soccer and Men's League does it. There are over 3 Million registered youth soccer players compared to approximately 750,000 in youth lacrosse.

It not that they can't do it, they dont want to do it! US LAX doesn't have the backbone to stand up to the top clubs. Soccer has had the picture ID in place forever. I'm in my 40's and grew up playing soccer, we had the picture ID's when I was young, early 80's young.

Either US LAX doesn't want to enforce rules, or they aren't intelligent enough to incorporate age groups.

US Lacrosse office is located at Homewood Field on the campus of JHU. Crabs are in bed with JHU. JHU one of the biggest offenders of early recruiting, mostly holdbacks and re-class kids. Other Big 10 and ACC programs are also offenders. Is the picture getting clearer now??? These schools want the oldest most mature "freshman" they can get. When you are getting 20 year olds instead of 17and 18 year olds in as freshman, it is a huge advantage, this is why the Coaches recruit them.

Holdbacks will just play in their respective graduation year. That's all. The still will be older when they graduate. PG's play an extra year after high school so they will be a year older than the normal incoming freshman. Holdbacks will still be older but will play with their grad class. Still older than the kid they graduate with so these schools will still be getting more mature player like you said but without them playing versus younger players at tournaments. Is this all about dominating younger player? Its not about getting better. When I was young I played up in my sport to get better not down. Its those who play down that think they are better for it that are actually just beating younger players. It becomes a reality check when they start facing kids their own age or older when they see the truth of the matter. They weren't good enough in their own age group and that's why they re-class.