Originally Posted by Anonymous
People are stating things are okay because there are no rules... and that makes it okay.

Please review the definitions of cheat! One does not need to break rules to be a cheater! Although it generally occurs it is not a prerequisite.

Cheating is the getting of a reward for ability by dishonest means or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. .... The rules infringed may be explicit, or they may be from an unwritten code of conduct based on morality, ethics or custom, making the identification of cheating conduct a potentially subjective process. ... A person described as a "cheat" doesn't necessarily cheat all the time, but rather, relies on unfair tactics to the point of acquiring a reputation for it.[2]

Enough already - this has been beaten to death and then some across every thread in the forum. The rules are what they are, and people are going to follow the rules. It's probably not "fair" for a freshman to play against seniors in HS or College lax either, but no one cries about that. This is no different unless the rules actually change.

No I don't think it has been beaten to death.

I also don't agree with you; I see it fair that freshman play against Sr's. why, because they are identified as such. The objectivity is known; it is Younger vs Older.

When playing in a class/grade based system you no longer have the objective nature which allows you compare things equally. Instead, you are intentionally hiding the objective nature that would make one better then the next. Sure some tournaments identify the DOB - most don't.

I guess I should have been more clear - I wasn't looking for opinions on whether or not anyone thinks it has been beaten to death (although it has - look through any thread on this forum). Again, until the official rules actually change, you play grade based and get what you get, and your kids get more skilled because they are playing older boys. I completely disagree with holdbacks, but the constant complaining - which affects change not one bit - is ridiculous.