Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid was born November 10 2002 what grade should he be in? I am confused.

Throughout most of the country he would be a 2021 - 7th grader and not considered to be old but rather within the typical age range for his grade

In NY with the late birthday cutoff he may be an 8th grader (2020)

Most Maryland Prep schools as well as most clubs would suggest he reclassify to 2022 class which would make him one year older than his classmates. This would make him more attractive to D1 coaches who ignore age and recruit by class

None of the above is my personal opinion of what is the right thing to do, it is just a statement of fact.

a nov birthday is either considered young or old for the grade; who are you trying to kid. If you believe in a lie long enough you believe it. Just like a march kid used to be considered on the older side in Ny... that is until people stated holding their kids back because they "weren't ready" for kindergarten.

the hold back is to give their kids an advantage at life whether social academic or athletic.

Enough with the whining about hold backs. If the kid is truly graduating in 2020 then let them play in that year. If they are not, then that is cheating and a different story. If parents think having their kid finish middle school with a drivers license is the best way to go, more power to them. I think it is moronic as you should just let kids be kids but that's the beauty of America, people are free to do what they want even if I think it is really stupid.