Originally Posted by Anonymous
When a player cross checks another player in the back of the head as the ball is on the other side of the field, that in my book is "dirty" and not "physical". When a player slashes another player in the back of the leg (again off ball) when the ref is turned the other way, that is "dirty" and not "physical play"...that is what I witnessed

Crush did crap like that when my son'a team played them too. It is a shame because they are talented, but to me they just looked like a bunch of punks.

Can you remember the number the punks hung up on your sons team? I bet you were too busy counting uncalled penalties to notice how good and clean their play is. It's a physical sport. Used to be played as a surrogate for tribal war. Don't cry like a baby because your son will see you whining and think it's ok. He still wants to look up to you, so don't give him weak excuses as the right response to losing.

LOL, you are funny, actually my son (who they cry the tears about as older player, but he is not) but a few of them on their butt. Actually, one of them had to leave the game on a great cross-crease slide. They crush kids DON'T like physical play at all. However, if my son slashed a kid as he was running away (when the ball was on the opposite end of the field and no ref was looking) I WOULD BE MORTIFIED. This is the crap I have witnessed time and time again from Crush, again I will say, they are skilled, but they are PUNKS. No crying the tears here, just cold hard facts. Also, I really could care less about wins and loses in youth lacrosse, I want my son to grow up to be a decent man and whether he is on a team that wins or loses (and they win way more than they lose) is neither here nor there!!

show me someone who doesn't keep score and I'll show you a loser. The reason your boy knocks the Crush kids on their butt as you hallucinate happened is because he is held back, and while the games against the older holdbacks might be closer in score, the difference in size is the only edge you've got and it still doesn't make it a slam dunk.

And lastly, lets hope your boy becomes a decent man despite him being ok with cheating which seems to be something he has gotten as a flaw from you.

My son was born in 2002, he is not a hold back and I think anyone that holds their kid back is CRAZY.