Originally Posted by Anonymous
. . . and sadly, the kids felt the brunt of their coaches decision. I feel badly for the kids that got benched that game for the older kids.

As badly as for the kids on Crush that didn't get to play on TV after flying to Denver when their team was up big and coach's kid never came out?
No subs get to play....ever. I watched a game at crab feast where they were up I don't know 14-0 and the coach didn't play kids until there were less than 2 minutes. I swear. Why do parents stay?

I was in Denver, my son's team did not make the finals, however we did attend the game. I was SHOCKED to see the players on the sidelines not going into the game. I really don't get it, the game was well in hand and there was no reason that the subs couldn't have played. I just cannot imagine what the point of that was. This is youth lacrosse, not college (or HS) and I am 100% sure that every single one of those kids have worked hard and would have loved to get some quality minutes of playing time. The coaches clearly don't care about those players. Again, I MIGHT have understood if it was a close game, but it wasn't