Originally Posted by Anonymous
My sons were on similar clubs and in similar position talent-wise. The turnover wasn't bad in 9th grade. A 3 new kids as 9th graders and then the roster was pretty much locked, unless we lost a player. Then they would pick up 1 for 1.

My advice is to find an MIAA school to play in. They would probably project as a contributor or starter by JR year at a top team, sooner at a bottom team. You can do college going to a bad public school, it's just harder to get film college
coaches want to watch. Highlights against suburban York doesnt impress a ton. But lots of film against A teams sells. College coaches know the level of talent on the league is very high. I know a few kids who don't touch field or played 3 years of JV in the MIAA and still got recruited to good D3 programs. Kids who started as Juniors all usually have a good shot at top college programs. What they do in college is then on them. Work hard and they will be fine. Lots of kids from PA commute to Loyola, Boys Latin, John Carroll and others.

Good advice to find MIAA if you goal is to get recruited . But the big thing is what is realistic for your son and what is he after. Just cause he wants to play for a better D1 doesnt mean he will. Plenty of MIAA starters and subs are recruited to top D1and sit the entire time or quit. His work habit , size, and skills to get better will be the factors that get him to play in top college . If he wants to ride bench and be on D1, better go to MIAA for sure. If his goal is Ivy then MIAA is a good way to get there as most white guys dont get in unless one step below genius.
There is no rainbow after college lacrosse. But there is your education learned and a job .