Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i appreciate the insight , everyone knows Politics rule , i asked the question and I appreciate the honesty - at the end of the day , the real questuion is how do you get a fair look if your not one of the favorite chosen kids

Lacrosse is broken. Extremely brown. Taken over by greed and the all mighty dollar. The most corrupt money grab I’ve ever heard of. Politics are everywhere but even more significant than that is the bias toward “size” over “talent” out there on most teams. Incidentally, talent and effort beats size every single time (separate subject).

Having said that, it is no different than “life”. Life ain’t fair. It’s prejudice. It’s bias. It’s corrupt. What to do?? Holdback parents will say, quit, and hold your kid back (again).

It’s an obstacle. Your kid is going to encounter alot of them in his life. Should he quit? Or work even harder and hopefully overcome? This is what the sport is truely about. How your kid handles this obstacle is a precursor to how he will handle them for the rest of his life. Hint: keep grinding and overcome.

What sport doesn’t prioritize size?
Get over yourself.