Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have experience with kids multiple private and public. Public is better. Better college prep, better teachers, better preparation for the real world. Far less social pressure, racism, drugs, and bullying. Yes MIAA.

You must be talking about schools like Spalding or Calvert Hall. Those are hardly “private” schools when anybody can go there if they’re willing to pay. Actual private schools like Gilman, Mcdonogh, or Severn are great academic schools. This talk about public school teachers being better is bs they’re some of the laziest schmucks I’ve ever met. You must’ve met some teachers at Spalding lol. Better college prep you say? Is that why public school has many kids who don’t go to college and or go to community college? Better preparation for the real world? Give me a break good private schools will set you up for the rest of your life. And yes public schools DEFINITELY do not have any racism, drugs, or bullying LOL. BTW after going to a private school I do not think it’s personally worth it and wouldn’t send my kid to one, but to say public schools are better than the likes of Gilman, Mcdonogh, or Severn is utterly insane and you clearly know nothing.