Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was hoping to solicit some feedback from out-of-state families that has a son that goes to an MIAA school. My son plays club lacrosse in Maryland and is in middle school, we have had some conversations with some coaches about him attending school there for High School to play lacrosse. Have you found it worth if for him for lacrosse (obviously they are all amazing schools to attend academically and socially for the kids)? Our local HS is not a lacrosse powerhouse, so this is an attractive option for lacrosse for our family. We are obviously far away from knowing if he can develop into a player that can play at the next level, but I fear he won't have that opportunity if he is playing locally for a school that does not have a lot of lacrosse athletes. I would also love any feedback if your son lives on campus, we do not want to move to Maryland, so that would be our only option. You only get so many years with your kids, does the chance of playing at the next level outweigh not having your son at home all of the time? I am ignoring the financial implications at this time as I am aware of the cost (which is insane but it is what it is).

The only option for you would appear to be BL. McDonogh has boarding but it's only during the week I believe. If you're considering sending your kid to Baltimore for lax, you might want to look at the NE boarding schools in the founders league...lax is on par with the MIAA and all the schools are boarding schools.

Wait to see what happens at JC. See if their president lets the lax team use the dorms there.

John Carroll has dorms?