Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA Tuesday Opener:
int.

Come on now, some of those kids are really there for the fine arts, because so many kids want to live at BL for these programs....

The dorm is about 40% full as of January. The majority are lax players but there are at least two serious football players. I don't think any of the boarders are (yet) international students/athletes. And no....not debate team or performing arts rock stars either. There are a half dozen boarding schools in Philly that provide a better environment for those.

BL's academics (and academic support) are not intended for the same boys as Loyola's or Gilman's. I love clowning on BL but there are scenarios where it is an ideal fit and wonderful environment for certain kids. BL has a niche academically, and I'd guess the boarding school package backs up that niche.

“Serious Football Players” at BL? Lmao

BL has put 2 guys in the NFL in the last decade

My point was that those two kids are "PRIMARILY" football players. Aside from........whatever St. Frances is........there is no other 24/7 boarding school in the Baltimore area. We all agree that McD's football program is superior (I'm not a McD fan either) but the dorms are closed on weekends unlike BL's.

I love clowning the schools my sons don't attend but in all seriousness, there is an ideal fit for everybody in the DC-Annapolis-Baltimore area, whether public or private. And that's a great thing, even if it's BL boarding school lol.