Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enlighten me-please! WHY is is so offensive to a private school parent that a public school/player could be better then yours? Are we really going to get in the debate AGAIN (a few pages back), where private parents don’t think public school kids are playing at the D1 level? Get over yourself & your kid.

MIAA-A dad here. Some private dads are a little tight under the 1/4 zip collar about status, and you must know by now that it's a feature of all youth sports but *especially* lacrosse, crew, and perceived "elite sports." It's that simple. They cannot let.it.go. Yes it is exhausting. Football games feature some even worse behavior but luckily fewer total hot head dads.

On D1 numbers, everyone knows some public school athletes go D1. If anyone on BOTC denies this, they are trolling you. And relatively few

But apples to apples...Severna Park 2021s had 2 D1 commits total, right? Loyola....hardly a private school frontrunner....... had 11 on national signing day alone (and an additional 7 D2 and D3 commits on signing day). I think ultimately at Loyola, all but 1 2021 senior is playing (or "playing") in college.

I would guess you could scale up those numbers for McD, BL, Calvert Hall.

And you could scale Severna Parks numbers down for any public HS aside from Towson, Dulaney, Sev Park, Hereford, Broadneck, or Marriotts Ridge.