Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A few thoughts about Nike National (based on recent tryout experience).

- Registration fee is $250 with additional $370 if you make team.
- Is your son an existing Crab? If not, stop.
- Is your son physicaly bigger and taller than the majority of his graduation year peers? If not, stop.

The tournament is managed/owned by King Crab. The majority of the evaluators are affilated with Crabs. At the recent tryout the majority of the kids who were there were Crabs with a few random ones who heard about it through classmates or online advertisement. The possibility exists some may have been told by coaches to come out but I don't know of that for sure.

At the tryout they were told directly that the evaluators were looking at "biggest, strongest first". Do with that information as you choose but I would suggest saving money and use towards a college prospect camp.

The Crab comment is true. The fact that you can "tryout" by sending a highlight film in rather than showing up to the 90 minute tryout tells you that the majority of the team is decided beforehand.

Tryout with a highlight film? That's comical. Let me email you my highlights from last year instead of showing up on person and risking anything go wrong.