Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bring back MYLA. Both of my kids are in college now and both played very high level club and very high level MIAA/IAAM lacrosse. Both will say that their best lacrosse experiences were playing in MYLA as kids. My son's last year in MYLA_Midget there were 13 teams in the league and that was in 2012-2013. Now MYLA is all but gone. My friends with younger kids are miserable and so are their children. $2500/yr for club for 4th graders before the kids even know if they like lacrosse or not. Pressure to join a team, pressure to switch teams, teams poaching kids, kids as young as 5th grade reclassifying, young kids getting burnt out and injured playing lacrosse from January to July... it is a mess.

Some rec programs making a comeback by playing in club league. Lutherville, Kelly Post, Hoco, Perry Hall etc all have younger teams 3-5th retaining players and often better than private club counterparts. Who knows if they will be able to keep together into middle school. But at least people are wising up for grammar school teams
A couple good ones in Harford Co. sticking together too- Blue Claws and Forest Hill.