11. John Carroll

Pre Season Awards:

COY: VLilly
Biggest Surprise: St Pauls
Most Inspiring: St Joe
Most Disappointing: Loyola
Most likely to want their money back: Spaulding Investors
Finals: BL and Calvert Hall

If you all are going to continue to detest on Spalding… then spell it correctly. There is NO U in Spalding.

Question for the Board.........do the mods (or bot) change the word "detest" to "detest"?

Or is there one Spaulding dad on the board who sits around wearing a beret, posting about all things "detest?"
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree - if BL begins recruiting and boarding players from TX, FL, OH etc… they should leave the MIAA. A league is traditionally made of players from a geographical location.
Not sure what you mean by “if BL begins”. BL already has out of state lacrosse players in the dorm. In fact it’s only lacrosse players in the dorm at this point.

Come on now, some of those kids are really there for the fine arts, because so many kids want to live at BL for these programs....

The dorm is about 40% full as of January. The majority are lax players but there are at least two serious football players. I don't think any of the boarders are (yet) international students/athletes. And no....not debate team or performing arts rock stars either. There are a half dozen boarding schools in Philly that provide a better environment for those.

BL's academics (and academic support) are not intended for the same boys as Loyola's or Gilman's. I love clowning on BL but there are scenarios where it is an ideal fit and wonderful environment for certain kids. BL has a niche academically, and I'd guess the boarding school package backs up that niche.

“Serious Football Players” at BL? Lmao