Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop box talk, stop winter skills clinics nonsense. Buy a rebounder, a training lace, a net and a bucket of balls. Have your son or daughter do a 100 reps with each hand on the rebounder and 50 shots with each hand. That’s probably going to yield better results than most clinics or box training thing out there in my opinion. Not anti clinic or will I say money grab. Just being honest that I think this so much better.

Of course using a rebounder and net or actually just reps against a wall should be done by kids who are serious about getting better at lacrosse. That should be part of the kids regular training routine. However, that doesnt discount the value of clinics or box. Im not so into these pop up clinics. But there are places like athlete zone etc where you can purchase packages and work in clinics on specific skills. And get the reps in with someone experienced in lacrosse in order to correct errors and improve your skills. Box besides being fun, my kid really enjoys it, is more than just speed. Its being able to make quick decisions and move that ball fast in a real game scenario. You dont get that from a wall, net or rebounder. And you wont get the intensity and time limits in a real game of field lacrosse that you get from box.
Its not that what you suggest is not necessary for any lacrosse player. But it doesnt replace what kids learn at clinics and box either.