Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I believe his point was that to make certain teams in certain towns you have dedicate more time to that sport than in others that basically a decent athlete can walk on to the team. Which makes total sense.

For example If you want to play basketball in farmingdale you probably won’t have as much time to practice lax as the kid from wading river that doesn’t have to compete against a 100 kids for 15 basketball spots.

Makes sense to me. But you must live in one of those small towns and can’t understand the point.

100 kids try out for basketball... and every single parent and coach knows which 15 kids are going to make the team before tryouts even start. Your kid is not going from #90 to #15. Give it a rest, pops. Middle school sports are little less than filters to weed out the kids whose parents buy them trophies and whose grandparents call them "champ" before they get to high school. This must be your oldest kid, because you are clueless.

Maybe in your town it’s easy.. but in certain towns the 30th kid probably starts in your town in all sports from 7th grade through 12th but he’s on the outside looking in at certain school.

In some towns we have kids that don’t make the baseball team or the volleyball team that get offers from schools.

Almost like being in certain catholic schools.

Regardless I know you guys have it all figured out so we can move on.