Originally Posted by Anonymous
The issue with WSYL isn’t age. I love an even age tournament. No advantages with kids being older, great idea. The issue is picking up kids at the end to play in a tournament, that aren’t on the actually team. It takes away from what an actual team is. 2 kids from the grade above play for the grade below in Denver, 2 kids left their club to hop on this other team going to a Denver. This great face off kid, is jumping on another team that is going to Denver. This goalie is leaving that team, to play 2 weeks on another team going to Denver. This coach has a friend in New Jersey, who isn’t happy with the Jersey club team, so he is leaving that team and jumping on a Long Island team to go to Denver. When kids and parents see strange kids playing on their sons team and nobody even knows their names. This is the explanation of how it’s a joke.

It’s about winning and if you can improve the team. I have no issue with it. If I did, I would just take my son to another club. Nice thing about club, a lot of choice. However, I admit that I can see how this would upset people in the every kid gets trophy world of today.. Solution...clubs should hold tryouts for just the WSYL. Surprised they all haven’t. Separate practice, separate roster, and another revenue stream. I would like to see the 4 best u 13 teams on LI. But let’s be honest, since the complainers can’t talk about holdbacks, they conjure up this rent a player thing to complain about.