Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So just Express and 91? No opinion on Force B, Igloo B, Rebels B, Rush B? And it’s all the coach. Find a good one. All those clubs will support B teams, but you need a dedicated coach. And you also need dedication from the players to fully commit. Get that and it can be a C team and you’ll be happy. Point is, a lot of good advice here that people are sharing. Best suggestion was call the coach or club and go to a practice and determine if it fits both ways. Ask how many middies, attack, and defensemen are on the team. Ask how often to you practice, do you have a coach that just does defense and goalies, etc etc. Great responses. I guess B team parents are saner than A team parents...that is a joke.

I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm not sure about 91 and Express B teams. Sure, at our level they are struggling; however, I have a senior and a freshman as well and have seen how they have developed in the past. 91 in particular has historically had some very good B teams. 2019 White, 2020 Orange (both well represented at DI schools), 2021 Ambush, 2022 United (who went off an their own under the 91 umbrella) and 2023 Warriors have all been very well coached and competitive teams that play in the top divisions at top tournaments. 2024 and below are still struggling, but they will likely solidify based on historical data. Express had a very good B team at 2020, but they have really failed to produce a high quality B team for awhile. With that being said, their B teams are still good and well represented in many high level touneys and many are coached by the same guys that coach the private schools. The issue with these clubs is that now they are starting 3rd teams on grade levels. I think the market is just too saturated at this point to be able to maintain a quality 3rd option.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. The bigger clubs definitely offer more in the lines of practice and training. Teams like Turtles, Rebels, Force, Icon, Igloo, etc... are very much hit or miss during the winter and spring. Whereas 91 and Express generally offer included year round training to everyone who cuts the check. And that check is smaller than the parents of A teams are writing.

Agree that these were great B team options but that was before every club had a b team. The landscape has completely changed. More kids playing and have many more options. Also, clubs are using second rate coaches with younger B teams and players don't get development. Just because the kid was a 4 year starter doesnt make him a qualified youth lacrosse coach.