Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AGREED ... this is a long race and the people who have been through it before are the ones that will come out on the other side ahead of everyone

So basically your older kids were a test run and they are currently the team manager at SUNY Farmingdale.. Now you have it all figured out because your older, wiser and probably fatter than the first time you went through this. Stop pontificating because your just as bad as all these other poor souls that think their kids are the next Hopkins or Duke Stud.. Everyone on this forum definitely is a little over the top..You just like to think, Well I'm not crazy I just hop on BOTC to see all these crazy dads and moms but in reality your just as crazy...

Not at all. Having older kids affords me valuable insight. I am acutely aware that very few of the boys are going to have successful DI careers. The top 8-10 kids in the grade will be recruited and the rest will have to work very hard to be noticed and/or garner the attention of coaches. They will need film, they will need to attend prospect camps, they will need to put up high varsity numbers. You think because your kids plays for a top club in 7th grade that his ride is on its way. That's idiotic. There are no full rides. If you are the top recruit in the nation you may get full tuition (about 50% of the total cost). Top 10 in the nation may get you 1/2 tuition (1/4 of the total cost). if your son is just a very good player, but not ranked nationally in the top 10-20, he may get $5000 and a meal plan. That's the reality and anyone that tells you different is lying to you. That's the perspective I've gained from having an older son (who played on a top club) go through the process. But hey, your kid has a shiny helmet. So there's that, I guess.