Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree for the most part of what you said. The only part I don’t agree with, is clubs should pick up kids and bring a team that can win. To me that’s not a team. The team camaraderie that is built over the entire year is what makes it a team. Not picking 5 ringers putting on a temporary club jersey for 4 days. Nobody on the team knows those kids or parents, winning like that means nothing. Go with your team and give it your best or have the club choose not to go. That’s what I would do if I were in charge.

I hear you and that is a valid point. But it’s the grade vs age mix which causes the problem. And clubs won’t go age based. The former director of PAL tried to get PAL to go age when he ran Suffolk PAL and they.... turned it down. If PAL went age the rest would fall in line over time. But PAL is run by serve servers obviously in my opinion. If they really wanted to make a difference they would go age based. That’s why PAL is a waste of time they do nothing to help or promote the game. And the joke is they subscribe to US lacrosse which supports age. Town teams should just play together in tourneys and scrap PAL, as it has little value anymore.