Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop box talk, stop winter skills clinics nonsense. Buy a rebounder, a training lace, a net and a bucket of balls. Have your son or daughter do a 100 reps with each hand on the rebounder and 50 shots with each hand. That’s probably going to yield better results than most clinics or box training thing out there in my opinion. Not anti clinic or will I say money grab. Just being honest that I think this so much better.

You've obviously never played/seen box lacrosse or box lacrosse training sessions. They are exponentially more effective than a a rebounder and shooting solo. Kids get more touches in an hour long box session than they would practicing in the backyard. Furthermore, they will get an intense cardio workout, will learn how to make quick passes in tight spaces and shoot at a drastically smaller target. Couple those points with the fact that most college programs are having their players practice box lacrosse and you have a recipe for increased skill, ability and fun. It's no coincidence that the clubs that are most successful see the benefits of box lacrosse and have their teams practicing it weekly.