Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, sounds like a lot of haters who have kids that didn't make the team or playing for teams that lost in qualifiers or are preparing to lose in qualifiers.

Here are a few points to consider:
1. If you detest it so much and continue to state, "who cares", why are you reading and posting on the 2025 thread. Maybe your kid is a 2025 and not age eligible... didn't make the top team for qualifiers, I don't know, just some guesses.
2. I have a kid on a team that is going to try and qualify. I understand the $$ involved and also understand that from purely a lacrosse development standpoint it could be spent in potentially other beneficial ways... but I'm in the fortunate position where I don't care. My kid has been working hard, enjoys playing with his team and teammates and if they qualify I'm happy to support him in going to Denver. I understand the tournament is a "money grab" as are most youth sporting events. If they don't qualify, so be it. As someone else stated, the north qualifier should be a great, competitive lacrosse event.
3. Yes, players and the landscape will change over the next 4 years, but this again seems spoken by someone who is bitter and hopes their kid get's better with time. We all hope that. Genetics plays a role, and most of us like the fact that the WSYL is age appropriate vs. grade based... and then I like going back to grade based and if my kid is playing against older 2025's then great, better for his development.

I'm actually interested in hearing about the teams involved, who thinks there will be upsets, any dark-horses... we all know Express CoachC is the favorite, etc... Spare us with the continued "waste of money", "who cares they're 13", yadda, yadda...

Good luck to all the teams that will be at the North Qualifier. Looking forward to it!

I understand your point of view, but it's still 13 year old kids playing a game. Do I like watching my son play? Yes, but let me tell you, during past tournaments, watching and listening to some parents when the team makes it to the final game is embarrassing. Way before that point I'm ready to go home or back to the hotel or both. My oldest son's team made it to Denver 2 years ago, if it happens this year with my second guy, I'm not looking forward it. In a forest landscape picture, this entire process (WSYL) may represent a lone decaying scrape of moss on a distant stone. Is WSYL all Bu*&%^(t, to an extent. The organizations are the ones truly benefiting from all this.