Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I'm going to try and ask a legitimate question. What are the best B team options? When I say best, I mean it has a coach or coaches that know what they are doing. Most of the kids can catch and throw. Etc.

Turtles played in that B bracket at TriStar. They are really in between the A and B division. Depending on where you live and if your kid can make that team, I would say Turtles.

Find a parent on the team or a friend of a friend and ask them. Or email the coach and see if you get a response. II would start with teams that performed the best at the only two B tourney brackets so far. Blatant and Tri Star. Those finalist in those brackets were Rush B, Rebels B, Express B and Turtles. And all these teams are probably searching for a player or two. People will come behind this post with don’t waste your time, they stink, etc etc. Find out for yourself.

Turtles, LILC, Epic Jokers... any of those are pretty safe
Any these teams are there main teams. Not secondary to another A team.

Ultimately Express and 91 are about their top teams and 2nd teams get shafted. I would avoid Express and 91 B teans.
But honestly your better choosing an organisation with one team at that age level if you are looking at B teams.

So that can be true and false. It all depends on the coaching. There is great B team situations and great teams who are a clubs only team, but are B level. Do your research by asking parents on the team and call the coach if you can.

I agree you should do your research. Ask friends. Definitely call coaches. And ask straight up direct answers. If you put them on the spot sometimes you can see if they give you a straight answer or the run around.
But honestly I would just stay away from Express and 91 B teams. Even if a team did well one year, it wont last. Better players often get absorbed by higher level team or leave. The organisation doesnt care about the team, so even if you get a good coach initially, the coach is fighting a losing battle without support. And they get fed up.
Go to an organisation that has one team at its age level that just happens to be an B team.