Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you think will be the first tourney on LI post quarantine.

1) Tri Star/Laxfest same weekend
2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
4) Blatant Summer Showdown
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

Agree. This year, it's over. Who would let their kid mix with out of state players in the coming months? Nobody has practiced, people are looking for refunds. To jam some tournaments up over the summer after nobody has been working is insane. Let it go and re-hammerhead for next year.

Finally someone thinks like me . Very true . Refund families back . Do the right thing . We dont need a spike in the virus because youth Lacrosse.

I am the original poster. And don’t disagree about the year being maybe over. However, I feel like if (Big If) the governor deems things are safe and school starts classes in person May and spring sports plays a modified schedule, then I think all sports will quickly return to the fields as quickly as we were quarantined. And I think a lot of people wouldn’t think twice about going to a sporting event. If things were deemed safe. Not a debating your points just raising the scenario that is plausible.

1st of all the governor wont be sending kids back to school anytime soon. This will roll back slowly. He is much more concerned about sending workers back. When that happens it will start at 25% going back, then 50%, etc... And he may require a certain percentage to continue to work from home for companies in order to keep some social distancing guidelines in effect. And it will be slow bringing it back, not day by day like it was shutting it down. They need to make sure as they bring it back, cases dont surge.

Schools reopening this year is a last priority. They know the kids can do lessons over the computer. Most major state exams have been cancelled. You wont see a movement back to normal life with large events which include sporting events until they have an approved vaccine or a verified successful medical treatment.

2nd noone in another state is going to want their teams to come to tournaments in New York. We were the worst hit state. And it will still be here even if life begins to restart, for months if not more.

3rd this disease will continue to roll from state to state. Its going to get worse in other areas. Its going to resurface in places even after it disappears.

This year is over. Wrap your head around it and accept it.
Hug your kids, and be glad you are together. Because some people cant do that. Thats the truth.

The truth hurts. Families are force to be together. It's ironic, the only way families can enjoy each other is each parent constantly being on the move with the kids going in opposite directions. The way you see some of these parents abuse alcohol at tournaments, mom over there and dad over here, But they portray to be the perfect family. I can only imagine the misery in side some house holds since families have to be together now. I can live without travel lacrosse, and look forward to a peaceful summer, without being on the move every weekend this summer.