Originally Posted by Anonymous
"If you are a short dad or if you have a short wife, your kid's days are likely numbered" - tell that to Jose Altuve's (5'6") parents. What's that you say? Lacrosse is more physical than baseball? Ok, then tell that to Emmit Smith's (5'9") or Barry Sander's (5'8") parents. Athletes, like donkey posters, come in all shapes and sizes, and tall does not = talent. Not to mention that little detail called recessive genes, where short people have tall kids and parents with brown eyes have kids with blue. Look on the sidelines - what you see is not necessarily what you'll get.

I agree with this, but the other poster is talking about how the dynamic of the teams have changed after 7th grade. Having an older guy myself, I can tell you that he's right. It's crazy how many kids move to Express and 91. Not saying short kids cant be good (Panell, Kavanaugh, Sankey, etc.. all played high level lax), but given the choice in 8th or 9th grade between a short athletic player and a taller, stronger athletic player, those two teams have definitely gone with the "bigger is better" attitude. Especially from the midfield spot.