Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That’s exactly it. The WSYL is special when a group of 22,25 kids who play on the same team accomplish that goal. It’s not cheating with age, that’s correct. No need to keep writing the same thing. I’ll say it again, it’s not cheating with age. The topic is, like the other guy just wrote, it’s becoming patching groups together to try and win. 3 kids from this team switch teams in March, this kid is older, not on our team, but let’s grab him in June to play in July. This kid has a cousin in Connecticut but he can play with our team in July as well. Let’s grab this kid, let’s grab that kid. It’s not cheating, but it’s not really special to win like that. I’d rather lose and compete hard with our guys, then win like that. A competitive loss is more rewarding then a trashy win. That’s how I see it.

That's a pretty hefty nut to spend to leave LI on the 4th of July (arguably the nicest weather week of the year) to play in a tournament without a chance of winning because the team dynamics have been changed, loopholed and bastardized beyond the spirit of the competition.

It is. Especially when you consider that 80% of the teams at the tournament would be considered B/C teams on LI. With the exception of the semis and finals, the games are generally blowouts for the LI teams. Which I guess is good if your kid is a non-starter. He'll get plenty of playing time. Until, of course the finals that are televised, then the starters are ridden hard and you'll have to explain to everybody why your son didn't touch the field.