Originally Posted by Anonymous
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.
Was looking at Island box. But was interested in tournament level, not just training.
But dont understand how your getting anything for $650 plus the $50 tryout fee.
You get the same six 1 hour practices as the $250 training program and one local tournament run by them. Then says more tournaments "could" be added "alacarte".
So all I get for paying another $450- is a local tournament.

Seems like a ripoff.

Anyone know of any better programs which actually do tournaments outside of Long Island as well??

No reason to leave LI but stay away from Island Box unless you want to deal with the bait and switch with a director/coach that you'll never see, a clueless PAL coach calling the shots for his kid to be the center of attention and being lied to about everything.
Go take a look at NOTB instead...much better quality of training and tournament play

Someone else I know told me they had the same experience with Island Box. Pretty much what you described. Which makes me even more wary of Island Box when I consider that and see an inflated price along with that.
But I also tried NOTB and wasnt impressed at the level of instruction there. And thought tournament was really disorganized.
Have seen youth box tournaments outside Long Island and they are night and day to what I saw here.
Are there any other options?

IBL was a ripoff. The regular instructors played lacrosse but none the of them ipayed Box Lacrosse. They did have tournaments ala carte but the teams were pre picked and many of the boys on the tournament teams were not involved in the training sessions where they were supposedly evaluating the field players for the teams.

Yup been that way since the program started in 2018. CoachL you wont see. He lives in Colorado. His focus is his 6 star lacrosse club program there. He is just using his name to make money through IBL. Its ridiculoys that he is listed as coach on the website.