Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thought we may try something fun that hopefully won't start an argument but a lively discussion:

2023 Awards

Best Team
Best Coaching
Best Attack (Individual and Team)
Best Midfield (Individual and Team)
Best Defense (Individual and Team)
Best Goalie (Individual and Team)
Best FO (Individual and Team)
Most improved Team
Team that took the biggest step back

Which division? Hard to grade if you have not watched the games.

If we are talking Elite and I am assuming we are:

Best Team - Crabs even with the loss to DC Dogs; this is still the team to beat
Best Coaching - Hawks; I feel this is the most disciplined team from top to bottom and they seem to understand the game of lacrosse and how it should be played
Best Attack (Individual and Team) - Crabs have the best 3 and this isn't even close; I think #20 for crabs has the best all around game; speed, ball handling etc
Best Midfield (Individual and Team) - Toss up between DC Dogs and Hawks; not sure if any one individual stood out
Best Defense (Individual and Team) - Toss up between Crabs and Hawks; both are big, fast and have high lacrosse IQs
Best Goalie (Individual and Team) - Toss up again between Hawks and Crabs; I give the edge to Crabs with the crabs goalie being the best at the 2023 level
Best FO (Individual and Team) - Toss up between Crabs and FCA; I think Crabs have the best 1-2 punch with 6 being better than 10, FCA kid may be the most skilled
Most improved Team - DC Dogs since they are technically the newest team and could win on any given Sunday.
Team that took the biggest step back - The easy answer would be 91 based on what is written on this forum but I actually feel they have improved somewhat. They need a goalie and some more size. I would say its a toss up between Next Level and Looney's who played an amazing game this past weekend.