Originally Posted by Anonymous
"dream team of Looneys and Breakers players."
Do people even read what they post prior to posting?

I think he was just trying to be funny. We just got a call about this team (and no, we are not part of Breakers, Looney's or FCA) From what we were told, no parent coaches - a few ex-players in their 20's coaching. Supposed to be a small roster. Lower than average cost. They are not worried about chasing other teams or being "elite"- just kids playing with others of similar abilities. Not sure we are interested, but I don't see anything wrong with the model if they can pull it off. Rock and Lax World folded teams in this age last year so there are probably fewer 2023 teams than in most age groups.

Kind of in the same boat here. Don't think my son is interested, but I don't see a problem with folks putting together a team to compete off season during high school. Some kids (most) would just like to play with their high school team and also have fun with a club team without it being the life or death struggle of "elite" teams.

There is absolutely no reason to play High School Club lacrosse if your child is not interested in playing College lacrosse... If your team is not putting you in recruitment tournaments then why play? Just play High School an be done with it....