Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't understand why people cry and complain about holdbacks. You should be thanking them. They are only hurting themselves to make your kid better. My kid plays up and I love it when he gets to go against kids that are a year or even two years older. The kids that are heldback are held back for a reason. They are not that good and they are not cutting it at their real age group. The kids that are playing up are the ones that are getting better and that will dominate come high school. The holdbacks will quickly get lapped.

You are wrong. Many holdbacks are born between May and Aug. Many are actually talented players who would be decent players at their proper age group. Hold them back a year and put them to the head of their age group and they turn into good players.

Being the oldest has helped secure a spot on starting lines ups in youth and it carries thru to HS.
The MIAA is Holdback central. It works. BL, McD are loaded with Holdback starters. Put your head in sand and it doesnt work, there is a reason every coach in MIAA has held his son or daughter back.

Age in youth to 8th grade and grade in HS..Common sense and the way it was in Lacrosse until about 5 years ago.