Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does McDonogh require 8th grade transfers to repeat that grade? Does the lacrosse coach commend it? Or do parents independently make that decision? Seems like that school is winning the 8th grade transfer holdback lacrosse game.

Not a requirement. I know I handful of lacrosse players there. None of those repeated 8th grade. Some were held back previously ie preK. Parent decision but would guess school recommends if kid needs to catch up academically. I'm in no way a McD insider. I think most if not all private schools that have a middle school allow the 8th grade repeat. To my knowledge only "required" if the kid can't meet academic standards needed for admission to 9th grade. Do parents decide to repeat for sports? yes. Do coaches and admissions allow it? yes

No requirement, but if you havent been in McD system for a few years, it may be hard to go straight to 9th grade. They are a difficult academic school and your curriculum may not have been as challenging.

As far as Prek goes. If you are a boy and born in the months on June, July, August...You dont go to 1st grade at McD. You go to prefirst. They are very easy if you want holding your Kindergarten boy back born on any month, but those months, short of genius, you are held back. Very few exceptions. Most lower school grades had over 50% of boys heldback a few years ago. I assume it is still the same. And spare me the BS of there isnt that many ... two kids there